Tuesday, January 8, 2013

CLARION ALLEY (San Francisco)

  
On my last trip to up San Francisco I was fortunate enough to hit up some spots I haven't been to in a while, one was the skatepark near the mission district. It was a good session with exception for it getting cut short due to fog that wet the concrete. Another was just the Mission district in general, the art and murals all over the walls and to top it off the mexican food restaurants. They have burrito places that put Chipotle to shame. I always make it to legendary "Pop's Bar" also, a local bar with a great juke box and usually some local skaters to kick it with. 

This time around I was able to reconnect with a friend Jill Johnson that I knew from elementary school that lives in the city. We met up at a wine bar / restaurant around the corner from her place for a couple drinks and some appetizers. She was telling me about this alleyway called "Clarion Alley" that was a designated art alley where artist could paint without being hassled by the man. So we went and checked it out, the place is amazing and I highly suggest anyone interesting in the arts to check it out while in San Francisco. 
                                                                   Enjoy, Jose Cerda


































Mike Kershnar













                         
Special thanks to Jill Johnson for showing me this gem of a place!

No comments:

Post a Comment